Saturday, March 22, 2008

An Introduction:

Way back in 2005 or so, I got the crazy idea to ask several of the humorous and/or excessively creative fantasy webcomic artists I knew of around the world if they wanted to join with me in a collaboration of sorts. I was honestly surprised to my toes when they all responded with characteristic enthusiasm (perhaps little knowing what was in store for them).

The pitch was this: We take a fairy tale and loosely narrate it a page at a time, taking turns in a round, but mostly just throwing in crazy crap whenever we could.

The fairy tale we've used is The Golden Bird by the Brothers Grimm. At times we all worked on it at a frenetic pace, but as the years went on and we all got busy with other things, it naturally slowed down. So, finally, this is a body of work that shows how all seven of us have evolved as artists, humorists, and storytellers.

Thanks for reading.

-Colby

No comments: